Welcome

You are welcome to my blog. feel free to write a comment,suggest and to review. No one is perfect in this world and I am no exception. Your comments shall help make me a better person and write better. Thank you !

Thursday, March 10, 2011

LOVE ETERNAL!

The earth will fool the farmer with bounty.
The sun be drawn by horses of darkness,
Rivers will flow backward to their source
and fish dry up in an arid sea
Before I grieve for another woman.
I shall be hers in life and death.

terra prius falso deludet arantis
et citius nigros Sol agitabit equos,
fluminaque ad caput incipient revocare liquores
aridus et sicco gurguite piscis erit,
quam possim nostros alio transferre dolores:
huius ero vivus, mortuus huius ero.

by: Sextus Propertius (tr. not by me)


posted by Daman
10/03/2011

No comments: